No Time to Say Goodbye: Discussion Questions
- Do you identify with how Nathan reacts to the death of his wife? How might you have reacted differently?
- How does Nathan relate to each of his daughters? What do you think the issues with each one are, and how are they affected by their relationship to their father?
- Maria’s situation is very different from Nathan’s. What are your initial impressions of her? Does she have your sympathy?
- Do you think Nathan’s in-laws are justified in their suggestion to take the girls? Why or why not?
- Do you think Laura and Nathan had a good marriage? Why or why not?
- How does Maria benefit and grow from her relationship with the Wests? How do they benefit from their relationship with her?
- Do you think Maria was justified in slapping Alexa? Are you sympathetic to Alexa?
- Do you think Maria should have told the police that she recognized her brother in the photos? Why do you think she didn’t?
- How do you think Maria should have responded when her brother approaches her? Could anything have changed the outcome?
- Do you agree with Maria’s decision to return to Bosnia?
- How does the epilogue affect your perception of the story?
Copyright © 2007-2021 Kate Hewitt. All rights reserved.
Website by Swank Web Design