The Secrets We Keep: Discussion Questions
- Who do you identify with more at the start of the story, Rebecca or Tessa? Why?
- Do you think Rebecca and Tessa make unlikely friends? Why or why not? Would they have become friends back in New York?
- Both women struggle in some way to relate positively to their children. Why do you think this is the case? Do you relate to this?
- Tessa is drawn to Rebecca’s glamour, but senses something dark beneath it. How do you think she should have responded as a friend?
- How did the women’s relationships with their husbands affect their lives and friendship?
- What role do the children play in the story? Which child did you empathize with the most and why?
- Do you think it was fair and/or right of Rebecca to ask Tessa to watch her children while she was in rehab?
- Could the tragedy at the end of the story been avoided? How?
- At the end of the book, Rebecca and Tessa both have to learn to forgive themselves for their parts in what happened. Do you think this is important in life? Why or why not?
Copyright © 2007-2023 Kate Hewitt. All rights reserved.
Website by Swank Web Design