When You Were Mine: Discussion Questions
- Do you sympathize with Beth at the start of the story? Do you agree with her feeling that people tend to make judgments when social services become involved?
- Do you think Ally’s motivations were right in wanting to foster?
- How do Beth and Ally’s ideas about motherhood differ? How are they the same?
- Do you think Susan acted correctly towards Beth? Why or why not?
- Do you relate to Ally’s tentativeness with Dylan at the start of him living with them? How would you feel in that situation?
- When Josh and Emma get into trouble, Ally feels it reflects on her as a mother. Is that an understandable feeling? Do you, if you’re a mother, struggle with this?
- Do you think Dylan should have stayed with Ally and her family after Emma’s suicide attempt?
- How does Dylan help Ally?
- How do Beth and Ally help each other?
Copyright © 2007-2023 Kate Hewitt. All rights reserved.
Website by Swank Web Design